[Incubator] Motion: Accept pgRouting for incubation

Michael Smith michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:18:41 PDT 2022

+1 to Accept pgRouting to incubation with Angelos Tzotsos as mentor.

Mike

--

Michael Smith
US Army Corps / Remote Sensing GIS Center

On 10/24/22, 12:13 PM, "Incubator on behalf of Angelos Tzotsos" <incubator-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:

    Motion:

    Accept pgRouting into Incubation.

    See Incubation Questionaire at [1].

    The motion will be held open for 2 weeks to 28 October 2021.

    Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
    Bruce Bannerman
    Arnulf Christl
    Jo Cook
    Jody Garnett
    Dimitris Kotzinos
    Tom Kralidis
    Michael Smith
    Steve Lime
    Daniel Morissette
    Frank Warmerdam
    Angelos Tzotsos +1 initial motion

    Best regards,

    Angelos

    [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2784

    On 7/26/22 18:35, Vicky Vergara wrote:
    > Hello Incubator committee,
    >
    > We are making a formal request to the incubation committee to incubate
    > pgRouitng.
    > We have read the [1], [2] and [3] and we think that most of the points
    > as most, if not all, are already done for pgRouting.
    >
    > >From [1] pgROuting fulfils all the requirements to make the application:
    >

    >     - geospatial: pgRouting is a library that helps solve geospatial
    >     problems, routing in particular.
    >     - open source license: pgRouting is under GPLv2 for the code, and CC
    >     BY-SA 3.0 for the documentation.
    >     - accepts contributions: pgRouting accepts contributions from
    >     documentation and bug fixes, up to creation of new functionality.
    >     - source code check, with source code audit: all of pgRouting's PR needs
    >     to be reviewed.
    >     - open community with transparent communication and decision making
    >     process: pgRouting has 2 mailing lists, a gitter chat and an IRC channel.
    >     - active and healthy community with user and developer collaboration,
    >     drawing members from several organizations for long term viability:
    >     pgRouting has this large range of contributors.
    >     - development supported by version control and issue tracker: pgRouting
    >     uses github.
    >     - developer leadership offering both transparent decision making and an
    >     opportunity for new members to participate: pgRouting uses the
    >     communication tools to promote this.
    >     - user documentation and developer documentation: pgRouting has both
    >     - release procedure covering both the release process and documented
    >     testing process: We have both, a procedure document, and the tests are
    >     carried out on github actions.
    >
    > In the next mail, the link to the questionnaire [2] on a trac ticket
    > will be given.
    >

    > Thanks.
    >

    > [1] https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/incubation/
    > [2] https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/incubation/application/