[Ireland] Next OSGeo Ireland meeting.

geographika geographika at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 00:45:11 PST 2016

Hi all,

Looking forward to the talk.

In other OSGeo news, the Marine Institute recently released their new
Marine Atlas - http://atlas.marine.ie/
The front-end is written using Leaflet and Angular, and the back-end
uses MapServer as a cascading WMS server, pulling data from various
ArcGIS Servers. Python is used to automate this, mainly using OWSLib -
https://geopython.github.io/OWSLib/
Compass Informatics wrote the initial system and then the MI expanded
the UI and design and configured the datasets.

I'll be at the OSGeo 2016 Code Sprint in Paris, so if anyone else is
going get in touch if you want to meet up. Compass is also sponsoring
the event.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016

Regards,

Seth