[iTowns-dev] Codesprint results

Thomas Broyer t.broyer at atolcd.com
Wed Feb 10 02:10:51 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

I moved iTownsV1 to using Webpack instead of Require.JS, and struggled to
do the same for V2 (I somehow put the cart before the horse and tried to
tackle too many things at once by also trying to move from AMD to ES6
modules, setting up ESLint, etc. all at the same time).

I've started untangling my local mess and sent a pull-request yesterday to
move iTowns V2 to NPM+Webpack.
Next steps will be to (in no particular order):
 * cleanup imports (see note in pull-request)
 * setup ESLint, possibly JSBeautify too (if ESLint's --fix is not enough)
 * move from AMD to ES6 modules
 * setup Travis-CI
 * add a unit test framework (Mocha / Chai)
 * possibly add an integration-test framework too (Karma + SauceLabs)
I'll focus on V2, but can backport those changes to V1 too.
Please note that all of the above depend on the Webpack PR being merged
first.

I also helped setup gh-pages branches in each project, and BTW just pushed
a script to the iTowns V1 repo to make it easy to update it.
(script will be copied to iTowns V2 once the webpack PR is merged)

> Hello all iTowns devs,
>
> First of all, I would like to thank you for these two days of code
> sprint. I think it has been a really good event, and we made good progress.
>
> Thanks to IGN Fab for hosting us, the venue was good too !
>
> 2 days was a bit short, but I do think we managed to be efficient. One
> thing we did not do is have a feedback meeting at the end.
> I therefore invite you to answer to this mail with a few lines giving
> insight on what you achieved during the codesprint. This will help have
> an overall vision, and prove that these 2 days have been worthwhile !
>
> Do not hesitate also to add your opinion on the codesprint : what was
> good, what can be improved for next time, etc.
>
> Vincent

Cordialement,
--
Thomas Broyer