[Geotools-devel] [Java-collab] ISO19115/ISO19111 VerticalExtent/VerticalCRS and Multidimensional Coverage

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Tue Jun 3 12:34:31 EDT 2008

Hello Daniele

Daniele Romagnoli a écrit :
> as a side note, can you provide me some info on the status/working of
> the Referencing3D module? (I have already downloaded the code but I'm
> not too familiar with it). Which types of transformations are actually
> supported? There is some documentation/links on that topic?
> I'm investigating a bit into Vertical transformation and I would like to
> know the effort required to improve 3D/vertical support.

Referencing3D provides a MathTransform implementation capables to perform the
following vertical height transformation:

    Geoidal height (WGS84)   <---->    Ellipsoidal height (WGS84)
    Geoidal height (WGS80)   <---->    Ellipsoidal height (WGS80)

This part is done (more tests are always welcome).

Now the hard part is actually in the referencing module itself, more
specifically in the following class which is the one trying to figure out the
MathTransform chain by itself given a (sourceCRS, targetCRS) pair:

http://javadoc.geotools.fr/snapshot/org/geotools/referencing/operation/DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.html

This work is non-trivial and requires a good knowledge of
DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory working...

	Martin