[Landsat-pds] S3 Usage?

Sundwall, Jed jsundwal at amazon.com
Tue Feb 10 15:08:29 PST 2015

The easiest way I’ve found is to run this command with the AWS CLI tool:

aws s3api list-objects --bucket landsat-pds --output json --query "[sum(Contents[].Size), length(Contents[])]”

It takes a while to run, but this is what i just got for # of bytes: 21,436,996,283,772, which is 21.44TB.

Based on 41 days of acquisition, it looks like we’re doing .52TB per day, which would come out to 382TB over two years.

Please let me know if you see anything wrong with my calculations here.

Jed.