[Landsat-pds] Next Steps to Host Landsat Data

Frank Warmerdam frank at planet.com
Wed Jan 7 14:54:38 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Sundwall, Jed <jsundwal at amazon.com> wrote:

>  Frank, yes please set up a list serve. I’ve learned that there’s no way
> for us to set up a mailing list that includes people outside of Amazon, so
> doing this on OSGeo makes perfect sense. Thank you for offering to do that.

Folks,

Done.

I think most of us should be getting invitations, but anyone can go to that
url and join, so pass it on to anyone appropriate.

>  I love the idea of an index.html for each scene. Yes, let’s consider
> refining that as the project moves forward. That’s something I can help
> with too.

There is a template file which can be updated at
https://github.com/warmerdam/landsat_ingestor/blob/master/ingestor/index_template.html

but anything that requires additional values will require adjustments to
the code at
https://github.com/warmerdam/landsat_ingestor/blob/master/ingestor/index_maker.py

>  I’ll leave it to Charlie and Amit to help you develop a scalable way to
> process the scenes, but please let us know if you need any support from our
> end.
>
>  Thanks, Jed.
>
>  PS. It appears the the /L8 path in the bucket has been removed. I’m
> guessing this was done on purpose as you continue to test the ingestor.

Sorry, I'm pleased to say I figured out how to clean an S3 bucket but doing
so just after sending a link was ill-timed. But the link should work again
now as I reingested that test scene.

Best regards,
Frank