[Landsat-pds] ingestion costs

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 14 08:30:09 PDT 2015

Folks,

We are getting better at accounting for costs of running jobs on our
AWS Spot based jobs system, and the report I received indicates we ran
24477 landsat_ingestor jobs in April, with an average run time of
4m:38s, average job cost of 0.23 cents for a total cost for the month
of $57.  Quite managable. :-)

It also looks like the reprocessing done by Amit affected 42k scenes
at  cost of $63.

So compute costs are currently dwarfed by the developer time cost for
Amit and I.

I thought folks might find that interesting.

Also, I'm currently working on producing new global landsat mosaics
(full year, and seasonal) after first converting the landsat data to
TOA with sun angle correction.  If that turns out ok, I'm hoping we
will be able to release those through our platform for free use.

Best regards,
Frank