[Landsat-pds] Upcoming updates to Landsat on AWS data

Amit Kapadia amit at planet.com
Mon Sep 14 12:16:32 PDT 2015

Hi all - an update to the ingestion of these reprocessed Landsat scenes.
Using the additional bandwidth that Jed locked down, we've ingested ~8,000
of the 52,877 scenes. This has been moving a little slow, so I've bumped up
the number of workers.

In the past we've been restricted to 2 concurrent downloads from USGS
servers, but it now seems that we're able to get 4 concurrent downloads.
I'll try our luck with one more worker (2 more downloads) to see if we're
allowed this luxury.

Ingestion of new Landsat scenes continues as normal.

Cheers,
Amit