[Lexicon] Bootstrapping the OSGeo Lexicon Committee

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 18:01:34 PST 2019

Hopefully most people with an interest in OSGeo Lexicon have signed up
to this email list by now.

To get us started I'd like to invite you all to join our initial intake
of the Lexicon Committee. (Future intakes will be coordinated by the
Committee). Expectations of committee members are:

1. Contribute to related activities when the committee is active.
2. Help with whatever dirty work is required to keep the project moving
forward.
3. Monitor committee conversations on our email list.

I expect there will be an initial burst of activity, then relatively
light involvement, mostly focused around periodic reviews of terms,
probably annually (although this is up for us to discuss).

We will make decisions as per standard OSGeo processes:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Lexicon_Committee#Decisions

If this sounds like you, then please send an email to this list Noting:

a. Who you are.
b. Mention your interest is in the OSGeo Lexicon Committee.
c. Possibly mention what you would like to see developed and how you'd
like to help make it happen.
d. Confirm that you are okay with joining the Lexicon Committee.

I'll start:

* I'm Cameron Shorter and have been involved in OSGeoLive and
TheGoodDocsProject.
* I'm hoping to see best practices in managing OSGeo terminology evolve
from this group.
* I'd like to see a glossary of OSGeo terms collated into OSGeoLive
documentation (released annually in line with FOSS4G).
* I'd like to see best practices in lexicon and glossary management be
collated into a template, which will be included in the newly formed
GoodDocsProject (templates for open source docs).
https://thegooddocsproject.dev/

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier