[Lexicon] welcome to the new decade - lets talk about terminology!

Reese Plews rplews at tc211tmg.org
Tue Jan 14 03:39:55 PST 2020

dear lexicon group members:

i hope the new decade is off to a great start every one! it seems to
be moving at a fast pace already!

as was mentioned near the end of last year, i have prepared some draft
documents which i would like to receive your feedback on.

it is proposed that comments will be made inside the document files,
not to the mail list.

osglex-doc:n1

Lexicon Group operations plan

contains a proposal on how the group will operate and a near-term
schedule for comments, a telecon, etc.

link allows commenting
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wdthaqg2ag-GMharAMZO8xSVK5IH1IXQvtCW5YOF6Cw/edit?usp=sharing

and

osglex-doc:n2
Procedures for drafting terminology entries

contains procedures for drafting terminology entries

link allows commenting
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s3mnlXc7E41olpqSO24x7c_sfg4UtZSHy-r7xnJfNOw/edit?usp=sharing

in addition this is

osglex-doc:n0
OSGeo_Glossary_and_Acronyms

the original OSGEO Glossary and Acronyms; this document got the
conversation started for the group and i have already made some
comments on one of the worksheets

link allows view only
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zg8M10kNbKU6YtcZ98QgvhAcGdRiUIMzHbkzWJACxQ4/edit?usp=sharing

we will try the open google links here in the group. if this invites
trouble we will lock it down a different way.

i would encourage all of you to follow the instructions in
osglex-doc:n1 and send me (off list)  the email account that you can
use with google docs and i will then always share the documents with
you in edit mode.

at this time, one thing still needs to be prepared, and it was a list
of the projects and glossaries that you described in your introductory
messages. when that file is ready i will send around another message.

i look forward to receiving your feedback and ideas.

best regards

reese