[Lexicon] Motion 2: Select a chair for OSGeo Lexicon Committee

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 23:16:40 PDT 2020

Motion: Select myself, Cameron Shorter, as OSGeo Lexicon Committee chair

I'll abstain from this vote as it is about me.

Based on OSGeo Committee guidelines
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Committee_Guidelines>, it appears our
committee needs a chair, and that chair needs to be blessed by the OSGeo
Board.

I feel strange about nominating myself here, would much prefer there not be
a chair of this committee, and hope to hand on the role to someone else as
soon as possible.
But I suspect I'm the only person on the committee who is actively involved
in both the OSGeo and Glossary/Lexicon communities and who is also prepared
to (temporarily) take on this role.
I'll endevour to pass on the honour as soon as we can find another
volunteer.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google