[Lexicon] FW: Glossary meeting tomorrow

Rob Atkinson ratkinson at ogc.org
Mon Jul 12 16:20:55 PDT 2021

Thanks Erik.

IMHO the end goal is to have the CaLAThe entries directly link to the
underlying definitions using Linked Data - i.e. the ability to follow a URI
reference...

at the moment citations are embedded text fragments - this is not

at OGC we are looking to provide the right targets (URIs) for direct
citation by link.

a short term option is for you to create a proxy (temporary object) for the
things you most need and link to these, or to work with LADM and LandInfra
to arrange canonical OWL representations of these standards using URIs that
resolve. (OGC is easy - ISO will take more work but the OSGeo Glossary
project is about achieving the sort of interoperability required here.

The Use Case from the glossary perspective is to collate relevant
references from published standards into a local domain (such as the OsGeo
software implementation space) without losing the links back to those
standards, and the standards to be interlinked with all the resources
needed to understand and use them. Its a big paradigm shift, but we are
making progress.

Cheers

*Rob AtkinsonSenior Research Engineer | Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)*
Mobile: 61-419-202-973
ratkinson at ogc.org <JFath at ogc.org> | ogc.org

*Sign up for OGC News*
<https://ogc.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=704e02f81107a6caab1568067&id=4e4528fd9d>