[Lexicon] OSGeolive meeting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon May 24 00:01:44 PDT 2021

Hi Nikos,
(And Hi to my old OSGeo-Live friends),

Yes Nikos, I can download your Microsoft Word doc of glossary from the git
repository below.
However, that is not going to be useful to the OSGeo-Live website yet.

The value to the community will come when there is a URL you can enter
which brings up a webpage table of glossary terms.

For that to happen, someone will need to:
1. Probably create a new tab on the top toolbar saying "Glossary". (Will
need buy-in and help from the OSGeo-Live core team).
Alternatively, maybe link to the Glossary from
https://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html

2. For you to convert your terms from Word format, to a format that can be
published to our webpages. We can do this as CSV files, such as:
https://github.com/OSGeo-live/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/master/contributors.csv

This gets rendered as: https://live.osgeo.org/en/sponsors.html#contributors

3. There is a little bit of RST magic wrapper page required as well which
one of the doc contributors should be able to help with. Example:
https://github.com/OSGeo-live/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/master/contributors.rst
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OSGeo-live/OSGeoLive-doc/master/en/sponsors.rst

Cheers, Cameron