[Lexicon] Topics for this morning's glossary meeting

Michael Jastram michael.jastram at formalmind.com
Tue Sep 7 00:01:26 PDT 2021

Hi all,

Unless there are more urgent issues, I have three (related) topics:

  * *Do we have a well-documented data model for glossaries?*
    For Semiant, we'd like to follow best practices regarding the data
    model – why re-invent the wheel? I recall having seen some UML
    models somewhere (can't find it again). An object-oriented
    representation would be preferred. I know there has been discussion,
    but I have a hard time pinpointing the current status.
  * *What's the state on the glossary data format?*
    This is related to the above, as the data format would be a
    persisted form of the data model. There has been a lot of discussion
    but I am still confused what the state is. For our Semiant POC, we
    read Turtle from here <http://www.opengis.net/def/glossary>, but
    that's simply a pragmatic decision for having something to play with.
  * *How do I get started with Glossarist Panron (sp?)? *
    Again, the driver of this question is a desire for interoperability.
    It would be really nice for Semiant to be able to connect to Panron
    data sources (git repository)? And related to the above points,
    wouldn't it make sense for the repository content to use the
    glossary data format (or a variant of it)?

As a side note, I am in contact with a working group of the German
chapter of INCOSE. They work on a systems engineering glossary in German
and they use a semantic wiki for that purpose. I am sure that they would
use Panron instead, but only if it provides the same level of usability
as their Wiki.

And last, if there is interest and time permits, I can show the Semiant
integration with the OGC glossary. You can also explore it on your own
at https://app.semiant.com/

Best,

- Michael

--
Dr. Michael Jastram | Tel: +49 162 274 83 94 | Cal: Schedule Time
<https://calendly.com/formalmind/jastram>

Products: Systems Engineering Trends <https://www.se-trends.de> |
Semiant, Your Virtual Quality Assistant <https://www.semiant.com> |
ReqIF.academy <https://www.reqif.academy>