[Lexicon] Deciding on a website and repository for our glossary project

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 00:49:25 PDT 2021

In our last meeting, we discussed providing a landing page for our project.
Thanks Michael for the suggestion.

So this off-week we'll have a meeting to discuss hosting questions.
(You will only need to come along if you have an interest in our domain
selection.)

In preparation, questions I expect we need to cover:

A. What content do we want to include? Maybe:
1. A landing page and and associated project pages (about the project,
contact details, etc)
2. How-to pages describing the various design patterns for using
distributed glossaries.
3. A URL to store our glossary schema profile (which will be referenced by
other schemas).

B. Where should we store our git repository?
1. glossaries.github.com
2. thegooddocsproject.github.com/glossaries
3. something else?

C. Where should we put the home page? Maybe:
1. Fit under The Good Docs Project, with maybe:
https://thegooddocsproject.dev/glossaries or
https://glossaries.thegooddocsproject.dev
2. Fit in github? (Maybe start here, then move later.)
3. Take over ownership of an existing domain, such as
https://www.geolexica.org/ . Ron, what are your thoughts on this?
4. Find a new domain?

D. What else?

--