[Lexicon] Deciding on a website and repository for our glossary project

Michael Jastram michael.jastram at formalmind.com
Mon Sep 13 08:45:45 PDT 2021

Hi Cameron,

I'll probably attend tomorrow, just one thought for everybody to think
of beforehand:

> What content do we want to include?

I would strongly recommend to design the page with Stakeholders in mind
and what they typically try to do. So we should have a clear "next
action" for each stakeholder. For example:

*Stakeholder**
* 	*Next Action**
*
Anybody with general interst
	Learn what this project is about and how to sign up for the mailing list
Glossary Author
	Learn how to author glossaries effectively with better tools than Excel
Quality Manager
	Learn how to use glossaries to support QA
Student
	Access well-curated industry glossaries for learning

Further, I think in this day and age, first impression (unfortunately)
is very important.

This means that wherever we host, we should make sure that decent,
modern templating is available. I believe that this is possible with
gitHub pages. It would also great to have someone set this up who really
understands both infrastructure and web design.

And last, we should make sure that it's easy for contributors to edit
without breaking things. :-)

My 2 cents, talk to you tomorrow.

Best,

- Michael