[Liblas-devel] Throwing out_of_range exceptions on read

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 15:15:28 EDT 2008

Mateusz,

Mark in Florida has some 1.1 LAS files that have points with Scan
Angle Ranks that are outside the -90/90 range that the specification
says.  I just commented out the check for now:

http://liblas.org/browser/trunk/src/laspoint.cpp#L113

This begs the question, what do we do for reading invalid input?  Scan
angle doesn't really mean too much, so for this case, following the
spec exactly isn't going to be a deal, especially if there are other
writers out there who aren't following.  But for other items,
especially the flags attributes, this is a big deal.

Any ideas on a reasonable tact to take?  Liberal in what we read and
strict in what we write?  That changes our design a bit if we're to do
that...