[Liblas-devel] .net/mono bindings in c#

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 12:43:36 EDT 2008

Fixed.  http://liblas.org/changeset/819

> LASHeader_SetScale ?????    Why not 3 setters like the 3 getters???
> LASHeader_SetOffset?????   Why not 3 setters like the 3 getters???
> LASHeader_SetMax?????   Why not 3 setters like the 3 getters???
> LASHeader_SetMin?????   Why not 3 setters like the 3 getters???

These functions mimic the C++ API, which sets the values in
triplicate.  As to whether or not this is a good approach, I could be
convinced either way.  I think the main reason we make sure to set all
three at once is if a developer forgot to set one of the values, it
might be very hard to figure out why your data has changed or isn't
coming out right.  Mateusz may have some more thoughts on this.

> In respect to macros:

Macro and type hell trimmed.  Mateusz is the expert on this...

>> If you are interested in including this work as part of libLAS, I can
>> provide you with a svn login to allow you to commit it to the source
>> repository.  It is a little late in our release process, but we can
>> hold up the release to include this, as it doesn't directly affect
>> the
>> base library and I think others would find it very useful.
>
> Yes. I think it´s the best. Thank you.
>
> Modules:
> - Reader
> - Writer
> - LASPoints
> - LAS Header
> - Exception class
> - Iterator class
> - c->C# API

I saw a Trac login on http://liblas.org under the name 'martin' and I
assumed that is you.  Anyway, I have given you svn commit access, and
I created a csharp directory in which you can layout and place your
bindings.  I would suggest hanging out on #liblas on irc.freenode.net
to catch Mateusz and I if you have any questions.

Good luck, and welcome to the team!