[Liblas-devel] .net/mono bindings in c#

Martin Rodriguez mrodriguez at stereocarto.com
Mon Aug 11 10:45:41 EDT 2008

Hello:

> Looks like a good idea, so you won't wait for new binaries.

Yes. I am right now try compile new versions with mingw using dev-cpp (mingw
integrated ), code:block (mingw integrated) and netbeans (witout compiler).
Perhaps today is early to the .NET bindings hehe.
http://www.codeblocks.org/
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
http://www.netbeans.org/features/cpp/

Netbeans rocks (like ms visual studio) but it´s a little freak configure it
for mingw:
http://wiki.netbeans.org/MinGWInCCDevelopmentPack

I see you use cmake and for me it´s a good idea. I try learn autotools but I
find it very difficult and obsolete. I only can used autotools with anjuta
and because it´s a automatic process hehe. I need study a little cmake.

Are the C API ready for linux???. I see the same problems of this macro:
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "1.0.0b1"

For mono I can use my .net DLL, but I need compile in linux a native shared
library (.so). Mono use the same DLL notation like in windows, but in linux
obviously try find the same library that in windows but instead of
mylibrary.dll find mylibrary.so. The entry point of the C api must be public
also.

Regards.