[Liblas-devel] .net/mono bindings in c#

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Aug 14 06:41:56 EDT 2008

Martin Rodriguez wrote:
>> But you don't have to run IDE to build them.
>> You can use VC# project files from command line:
>>
>> devenv.exe myprj.sln
>
> Hehe. But i love windows and buttons.

But you can't use any automation with buttons :-)
For instance, nightly builds generation, Buildbot and others

http://buildbot.osgeo.org/

Also, Linux users are familiar with 3 commands then execute to build and
install new software:

./configure
make
make install

With "buttons", users are unable to follow their well-known path of
installation, unless we add the .NET/Mono to Autotools and NMAKE makefiles.

In community-driven projects, buttons are of little help.
That's why NAnt and other powerful builders were invented.

>> Anyway, please document on the Wiki how users should build .NET bindings.
>
> I´ll try investigate all kind of systems to distribute .net code with
> autotools and so.

If you don't know autotools or nmake, I can add it but I need you to
document building process using your project files, then I will know
what to port to autotools.

Best regards,