[Liblas-devel] Setting the time for a point

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu May 1 13:52:09 EDT 2008

Mateusz,

I was working on a script to generate some bad data for our testing
regime, and I noticed that if I feed in points to the writer with time
values that are set, they are not actually written to the file because
the point format of the default header is 0, not 1.  I know this is
not an error, and it is exactly what I asked the library to do, but do
you think we should warn the user in this instance?  Right now we
silently throw away the time value.

Can we reliably determine if the time has been set for a point and
warn in that instance if we are writing to a file with point format 0?