[Liblas-devel] (no subject)

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:34:28 EDT 2008

On May 19, 2008, at 10:05 AM, Carmen Sánchez wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> As Martin said, my name is Carmen Sanchez and I work as a Lidar
> Departament responsible in Stereocarto SL, I am working with this
> technology from 2006- My knowledge in Lidar Technology go from GPS/
> INS calculus, LAS processing, classification and editing to  final
> products generation for the customer.
> As long as I know, I think that you all need real data to prove or
> to test your applications, we are trying to compile some of the data
> and if is possible we will upload on the ftp at the end of the week.
> In a hand, I will try to carry on reading emails and try to keep
> myself informed about new progress. I think this is a wonderful idea
> to improve the “Lidar small world”.
> On the other hand, if you need any information from me please let me
> know, I would be really please if I can help you all.
> Best Regards to all,
> Carmen Sanchez.

Carmen,

We are looking for LAS files of both the 1.0 and 1.1 varieties that
have various combinations of variable length records, File Source Ids
and Point Source Ids that have meanings, examples of both point data
format 0 and 1, and various combinations of number of returns/
classifications.  Once we get the files, we would trim them to just
the header + 10 or so points to provide demonstrations, and then we
would include them in test/data of the source repository to be used in
unit testing.

Thanks,