[Liblas-devel] FYI: Open Source licensing in the context of data format standards

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:46:12 EDT 2009

Gene Roe posted a blurb on his website about the upcoming E57.04
standard he is participating in asking about open source licensing.  I
took a shot at answering what I felt in terms of the LAS
specification, but I would be interested to hear anyone else's opinion
on the matter as well.

http://lidarnews.com/open-source-software-licensing

Would libLAS make a good reference implementation for the LAS
specification if a test suite was developed and the committee
sanctioned it?