[Liblas-devel] undefined symbol LASPoint::GetClassification

Volker Wichmann wichmann at laserdata.at
Wed Jul 1 07:39:22 EDT 2009

Volker Wichmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just updated my code to the new classification implementation,
> but on windows (MSVC 2008 Express) I get a linker error:
>
> error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ""public: class
> liblas::LASClassification const & __thiscall
> liblas::LASPoint::GetClassification(void)const "
> (?GetClassification at LASPoint@liblas@@QBEABVLASClassification at 2@XZ)"
> referenced in function ...
>
> No linking problems with the same code under linux ...
>
> thanks,
> Volker

To be a little more specific, I use the following code fragment with the
c++ interface:

#include <liblas/laspoint.hpp>
#include <liblas/lasreader.hpp>

liblas::LASPoint const &p = reader.GetPoint();
liblas::LASClassification::bitset_type clsflags(p.GetClassification());
int class = static_cast<liblas::uint8_t>(clsflags.to_ulong());

I'm not sure if this is the correct way to read the classification, but
the code works without problems under linux.

best regards,
Volker