[Liblas-devel] Build errors while building apps

Froumis, James A (US SSA) james.froumis at baesystems.com
Tue Jul 28 12:06:55 EDT 2009

Howard,

After downloading the source from the URL you provided, I was able to
build without errors against libgdal v1.6.1 and libgeotiff v1.2.5 on
Linux x64.

Thanks for all of your help!

For those who are interested, I configured the different libraries as
follows (mind the line wrap):

libgeotiff:
	./configure --includedir=/usr/local/include/geotiff

libgdal:
	./configure --with-geotiff=/usr/local/lib
--with-expat=/usr/lib64 --includedir=/usr/local/include/gdal
--with-libtiff=internal CFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include/geotiff'
CXXFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include/geotiff'\

liblas:
	./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config
--with-geotiff=/usr/local

One or two of the arguments above may not be necessary, but since it
works, I didn't want to mess with it...

Jim Froumis