[Liblas-devel] Spreading the word..

Jason Woolard Jason.Woolard at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 11 15:05:22 EDT 2009

Sorry for the late notice but I just wanted to give the list a quick
heads up. I co-presented at an American Society for Photogrammetry and
Remote Sensing (ASPRS) workshop this week in Baltimore. My colleagues
and I gave a workshop titled "A Do-It-Yourself Approach to Lidar and
Imagery Processing and Analysis Using Open-Source Tools". The objective
is pretty straightforward: how to work with lidar and geo-spatial
imagery if you don't have lots of $$ for commercial software. We covered
some pretty basic stuff in FWTools, QGIS, Matlab/Octave and I
specifically showed liblas in Python as well as the power of Martin's
LASTools. Nothing too fancy...Reading and writing LAS, filtering points
by height, intensity, scan angle, etc. It was very much geared for the
beginner/intermediate level. Anyway, I have some slides and lab
exercises that I'd be happy to share with anyone who might be interested.

Cheers,
Jason