[Liblas-devel] getting TINs out of 3D points using qhull

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 21:42:49 EST 2009

On Nov 4, 2009, at 4:49 PM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> Riki Tiki wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> i wanted to ask qhull to give me the TINs (Triangulated Irregular
>> Networks) of 3D points which i got from Lidar LAS file... can anyone
>> show me the command how to get this done?
>
> Section "Using qhull programs" from this Wiki article should help:
>
> http://liblas.org/wiki/ConvexHull

Excellent!  That reminds me that I need to find time to reenable trac
registrations for liblas.org.  We were getting tons of spam, so I shut
off self-registration.  liblas.org will also be moving to a new (real)
server from its current AWS EC2 instance when I find the time to do
the migration.

Alternatively, we could target moving liblas.org toward OSGeo if
people were more interested in that.