[Liblas-devel] Retrieving User Data/Point source ID with LibLAS (python)

Aaron Reyna aaron.reyna at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:23:52 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has come up with a way, or knows how to retrieve
User Data/Point Source ID in a .Las 1.2 file, and kick it to an .asc file?
Here is the thing, "gain" is a amount of the adjustment applied to the
intensity in a .las file. it is stored in the User Data/ Point Source ID
field. If I can retrieve that information, then I can essentially normalize
my data based on sub samples within the data, given that they meet
the specified conditions for a sample. I've seen the examples on the LibLAS
tutorial and it doesn't seem possible to retrieve that point record field
based on the information provided. Please let me know if anyone has any
information! I would greatly appreciate it!

Warmly,

Aaron