[Liblas-devel] LAS SHP Viewer

Jed Frechette jedfrechette at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:31:13 EDT 2010

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:55:37 -0600, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

> besides the ones already mentioned (SAGA, GRASS GIS's NVIZ [1], etc), you
> might do well to have a look at Paraview [2] which is a pretty popular
> one.

I have used Paraview along with a little Python glue to visualize lidar
point clouds (although not in las format) pretty successfully in the past.
Adding plugins to Paraview is pretty straightforward so adding a liblas
reader would probably be reasonably easy. ParaView doesn't support
shapefiles either but the fork/extension ParaViewGeo [1] does so it might
be worth a closer look as well.

Best,

[1] http://paraviewgeo.mirarco.org

--