[Liblas-devel] Design/architecture questions

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 13:10:55 EST 2010

On Dec 1, 2010, at 5:02 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> How much of a diet must liblas::Reader go on?
>
> All data members except the pimpl, the pointer to body,
> it is reader/writer implementation.

Ok I have made a good start.  The SRS-related stuff is gone now, and the GetStream stuff reaches down into the pimpl to fetch it.

A few questions arise:

* Instead of setting filters and transforms on the liblas::Reader/liblas::Writer (and caching these lists as data members on either), what tact should we take?
* How do we support injecting a custom header into the pimpl?  Right now, every method on the pimpl takes an explicit header.  We know the custom header at construction time, and we are currently caching it on the Reader.  Should this be moved down into the pimpl to be cached?