[Liblas-devel] installing liblas on mac osx 10.6.5 - warning/error message when running "make"

Verbesselt, Jan jan.verbesselt at wur.nl
Fri Dec 3 02:47:03 EST 2010

Hi Howard,

I have to mention that I received a lot of help from William Kyngesburye while compiling 'boost' and with the cmake -D etc. code for GRASS on Mac. I am happy to contribute to the help on how to install boost/libLas on MacOsX.

Reading/Writing LAS files directly with libLAS in GRASS would be nice. I happy to try and have a look at implementing it within GRASS but I am just a GRASS beginner and not a programmer. I have been using R statistics all the time.
I would be great to make liblas work for R also!
There is a package within R that integrates R and C++ ->http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rcpp/index.html and  http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp.html  (if somebody could support me in making it run I am happy to volunteer here)

Cheers,
Jan