[Liblas-devel] libLAS' Boost infection

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:28:19 EDT 2010

All,

Consider this your notice that Boost now a required dependency for libLAS.  I have been cleaning up the code in a number of places to use boost::shared_ptr instead of managing naked pointers, and boost::array will be working its way into a number of areas where we are using simple static arrays (system identifier and user id in the header, for example).  Boost also provides many other interesting possibilities, but for now, I will try to limit the requirements to header-only libraries.  I think anything newer than Boost 1.38.0 should be sufficient, and that's what the cmake configuration is set to look for at this time.

If anyone has any trouble or problems, please let me know.