[Liblas-devel] Extract and Apply color values to Las 1.2 from NAIP

Aaron Reyna aaron.reyna at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 20:03:40 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I would like to add color values to a .las 1.2 file and I have the
corresponding .img NAIP with the same extent. I can use GDAL and LibLAS to
get a color for each point based on the cell value it falls onto, but if
anyone has any idea as how to apply that color in RGB value to the las file,
it would be greatly appreciated.

for instance, lets say for point Q the RGB values are 255, 255, 255,
respectively.

Would one use las2las? Or should I write it all(x,y,z, intensity... etc.) to
text files and then write those text files to las? The latter method seems
like it might be rather slow for high resolution data. Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help! I love this toolset!

aaron