[Liblas-devel] LAS Schema

Martin Isenburg isenburg at cs.unc.edu
Wed Mar 17 14:14:26 EDT 2010

sorry for sidetracking the topic, howard. everything at it's right time.
let's bring the focus back to LAS 1.X

> [PointFormat0][14 extra bytes of data][PointFormat0][14 extra bytes of
> data] ...

yes. yes yes. this has always been my interpretation and LAStools (aeehm
... i mean LASSO tools) already fully support this.

in terms of waveform support. i agree with dave. let's skip LAS 1.3.
thanks for all the hard work on LAS 1.3 guys ... it was not wasted ...
it got our mindset to where we are today

i reiterate my proposal to have a workshop on LAS 1.4 and invite a few
tech folks from the competing laser manufacturer + a few software + us
clowns and get a LAS 1.4 quickly done but do it right (with LAS 2.0 in
the back of our minds). it would only be fitting if we had that workshop
@ http://downtownfarm.net/  (-:

martin

--
scientist in data visualization  facilitator for sustainable communities
http://downtownfarm.net   925-456-4461  http://www.cs.unc.edu/~isenburg/