[Liblas-devel] ./configure --with-gdal

Peter Tittmann pwtittmann at ucdavis.edu
Thu May 20 19:19:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've migrated to on Ubuntu 10.0.4 LTS and am having some issues with
liblas install.

GDAL:

Ive installed the latest stable version (1.7.2) from source.

LIBGEOTIFF:
Ive installed the latest version (1.3.0) from source.

LibLAS:
http://trac.liblas.org/attachment/wiki/1.2.1/liblas-src-1.2.1.tar.gz

Problem 1 references the previous email which I was never able to resolve:

when running ./configure --with-gdal --with-geotiff=/usr/lib

i get this:

checking for stdio.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for debug enabled... no
checking for GDAL... GDAL enabled with gdal-config found in PATH
/usr/local/bin/gdal-config reports version 1.7.2
checking for ST_Create in -lgeotiff... no
checking for libgeotiff... no
configure: error: You must configure a libgeotiff if you are using GDAL
binaries.  You can configure using a GDAL source tree without
libgeotiff, but not from binaries.

so i resigned to not having GDAL and ran ./configure make make install
with no errors witch lead to Problem2:
when I try to use the command line tools i get the following:
$ lasinfo ~/Documents/LiDAR/laswork/big_sub19_fr.las
lasinfo: error while loading shared libraries: liblas.so.1: cannot open

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Best,
Peter