[Liblas-devel] setup LibLAS for vb.net 2010 (express)

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 16:32:18 EDT 2010

Lewis,

The first thing is that the compilation directions at <http://liblas.org/compilation.html#using-visual-studio-9-2008-on-windows> are for the unreleased version of libLAS.  You can obtain a copy of the latest source tree at <http://hg.liblas.org/main/archive/tip.zip>, and this should more closely follow what's going on.

The next thing I would ask is what exactly are you trying to do?  libLAS is a c/c++ library, not a .NET library, although there are some unmaintained .NET bindings (these most likely would not work with the unreleased libLAS that has compilation instructions either -- sorry for this catch-22).  If you want to program with libLAS in .NET, you're going to need a libLAS c/c++ dll as well as a libLAS .NET assembly that links .NET to the libLAS DLL (or, alternatively, hand-write your own PInvoke calls directly to the libLAS DLL).

I'm sorry you're finding things so frustrating, but I'm sensing there might be some confusion about libLAS and where it fits.

Hope this helps,

Howard