[Liblas-devel] problems with lasblock and big datasets

Hugo Ledoux h.ledoux at tudelft.nl
Fri Sep 10 13:05:51 EDT 2010

thanks everyone for your help. I use a 32bit machine and my swap is the
"standard" 2X the memory. I could indeed increase it but then it would
only be good until I try a bigger dataset...

I do not need a temporary workaround, I was just testing the
capabilities of lasblock and wanted to understand what you've done, and
ran into that problem.

Splitting with the scan order is indeed likely to fail, but I'm curious
about lasindex. What index are you planning to use? And when do you
reckon it'll be ready?

Thanks,
Hugo