[Liblas-devel] Open source lidar software?

Peter Tittmann pwtittmann at ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 7 12:46:02 EDT 2011

It appears that this is the place to download Fusion
(http://www.fs.fed.us/eng/rsac/fusion/). Apologies for my misuse of the
term open source. I do believe that as this was a USDA-funded project,
the code is legally obligated to be public, might just take an email to
the developer or someone at the Remote Sensing Applications Center. I'm
not a lawyer though (thank god).

On 04/07/2011 06:03 AM, Etienne Bellemare wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Peter Tittmann <pwtittmann at ucdavis.edu
> <mailto:pwtittmann at ucdavis.edu>> wrote:
>
>     The Fusion tools developed by USFS are open source and reasonably
>     useful.
>
>     http://www.fs.fed.us/eng/rsac/fusion/
>
>     this page is really browser picky so heres another one:
>
>     http://forsys.cfr.washington.edu/JFSP06/lidar_&_ifsar_tools.htm
>     <http://forsys.cfr.washington.edu/JFSP06/lidar_&_ifsar_tools.htm>
>

>  I tought it was free, but is the source code available ? I couldn't
> find it.
>
> Etienne

Peter Tittmann
Geography Graduate Group