[Liblas-devel] build problem OS X

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 14:50:13 EST 2011

On Feb 20, 2011, at 10:48 AM, Stuart Edwards wrote:

> OK -- that did the trick.  With Xcode 3.2.5 no errors (but 150 warnings .....)

Yikes.  What do some of these warnings look like?  Except for one expected warning in the test suite, it compiles clean for me on OS X with -W4

> I did have to start from scratch; when I tried to compile my existing project I got the old errors

It is sometimes necessary to blow away the CMake cache.  Simply deleting 'CMakeCache.txt' in whatever directory contained the build tree will force an entire reconfiguration of the tree when you issue 'make'

> One other thing for those compiling on OS X using the instructions at:
>
> http://liblas.org/compilation.html#using-xcode-on-os-x
>
> The arguments to be passed on at launch for the test of lasinfo had to be changed
>
> First I get an error message:
>
> Program loaded.
> run
> [Switching to process 31225]
> Running…
> error: unknown option -c
>
> I unchecked the "-c"  in the set up box, and the error went away
>
> then:
>
> Debugger stopped.
> Cannot open /Users/stu/liblas/test/data/TO_core_last_zoom.las for read.  Exiting...
>
> This is because the file is actually       /test/data/TO_core_last_clip.las   in my download

Tweaked the docs to fix this.  Thanks the for the report.