[Liblas-devel] Broken links and wrong dates

Ben Discoe bdiscoe at 510systems.com
Fri Mar 4 20:03:21 EST 2011

Greetings all,

I'm checking out libLAS and just joined the list.  We (myself, at my
day job) have been defining our own simple/fast point cloud format, so
i'm checking out libLAS to either avoid reinventing the wheel (if LAS
will suffice) or potentially to add support for our format to libLAS
(if it doesn't :-)

Just some points about the website/documentation that i found right off:

1. On http://liblas.org/download.html, it says:

Current Release(s)
    * 2010-02-01
Past Releases
    * 2010-1-7

I'm quite certain that these are actually 2011, not 2010.

2. In Getting Started (http://liblas.org/start.html) and also on the
download page (http://liblas.org/download.html) there is a link to
sample data:

   http://liblas.org/samples/srs.las
or http://liblas.org/samples/

These links are broken (404).

Not sure who's responsible for the website, but hopefully they're on
this list :)

-Ben