[Liblas-devel] Header::SetDataFormatId, and supported schemas

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Mon Mar 7 14:27:33 EST 2011

I'm not keen on more file formats in the world, but one thing I've on my
wish list is a sort of "binary" version of the ascii format to use for
interchange -- that is, a text header file which lists the columns and data
types for a point (e.g. as a C-style struct), and a binary file which just
stores the binary points, e.g. as an array of structs.  Trivial to read and
write, arbitrarily flexible, and smaller than ascii.  And, perhaps,
compressible with laszip technology.

-mpg