[Liblas-devel] cannot get tutorial example to compile

Stanley Wong s.wong at kucerainternational.com
Sun May 1 18:18:21 EDT 2011

I have since solved the compilation problem I had, and was able to run the tutorial code.
But there is still something I am not understanding.

Steps I did:
1. finished the steps outlined in http://liblas.org/compilation.html
2. copied the INCLUDE and LIB paths from one of the test C++ project (from the solution generated by CMAKE) to my own project.
3. compiled the tutorial project

If I just run the resulting EXE file, it would give me an error:

The procedure entry point
?GetPointRecordsCount at Header@liblas@@QBEIXZ could not be
located in the dynamic link library liblas.dll.

Setting the PATH variable to include the location of the liblas.dll didn't work.
I had to copy liblas.DLL to the same folder as my EXE for it to run.

I supposed this is not the normal way to run libLAS code.
What would be the standard way to do this?

Also, why would this particular function "Header.GetPointrecordsCount()" look for the liblas.DLL, and not simply linked through the static liblas.LIB file? Another function call in the tutorial "Header.GetFileSignature()" does not seem to have this problem.

Thanks in advance for your answer.