[Liblas-devel] gps time in liblas 1.6.1

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:28:49 EST 2011

On Nov 15, 2011, at 5:37 PM, Charles Cowart wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to ask the community if it has become standard practice to generate LAS files with absolute GPS time values using liblas 1.6.1. It does not appear to me that absolute GPS time is supported in liblas as it's defined in the las 1.2 specification. Specifically, it does not appear that there is a function in txt2las to set the lowest-order bit in the reserved field to 1 when specifying such values. I would think however, that it would be fairly straightforward to interpret the value as absolute if it is greater than the number of seconds in a week. Do others have experience with this issue?

This is simply an oversight, and I don't think anyone has had the need for it in 1.2 yet.  Can you file a ticket on github (patches graciously accepted :) that models how you would like to be able to modify this value via txt2las (and other utilities too, I suppose)?  I'll try to clean this one up before the release.