[Liblas-devel] problem with reinstalling liblas in Python

Stanley Wong s.wong at kucerainternational.com
Tue Sep 20 10:58:27 EDT 2011

Andrej,

>From what I gathered, osgeo4w-setup.exe installs its own python and liblas module, and I do not know of a way to tell osgeo4w-setup which python to install liblas.

I had 4 copies of python in my computer (2 from ArcGIS installation and 2 for my own use) before I installed osgeo4w.
It would be much nicer if I can run my python scripts within the IDE (or in the python versions I have been using), but I do not know how to do that.
I am a beginner in liblas myself.
Maybe someone in the forum can suggest a way to do that?

There is a separate liblas installation download you can try:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/libLAS
It is on a previous version of liblas (1.6.0) but it looks for python versions from the registry and prompts you which version you would like to install to.
It had worked well for me on reading and writing LAS files until I needed to add projection information to the LAS header.

Stanley