[Liblas-devel] ARSF LiDAR Analysis GUI

Martin Isenburg martin.isenburg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 06:39:36 PDT 2012

Hi,

sweet. so can LAG readily read LAZ files then?

you can potentially get a lot of speed-up when you load a fenced area if
you use the simple spatial query functionality through LASindex that LASlib
provides. lasreader->inside() functions instead of doing your own clipping
test in line 304 of LoadWorker.cpp

            if (usearea)
            {
                if (!vectorTest(fence.getXs(), fence.getYs(), 4,
                        reader->point.get_x(), reader->point.get_y()))
                {
                    skip_counter = 0;
                    continue;
                }

            }

instead you would put a

reader->inside_rectangle(fence.getXs()[0], fence.getYs()[0],
fence.getXs()[1], fence.getYs()[1]);

at the beginning of the reader loop and then LASlib will utilize the
spatially indexing LAX files should they be present or not give you any win
otherwise. For the moment you need to dig through code and LAStools user
forum to learn more about LASindex, but I will present the details at this
year's ELMF in Salzburg

Cheers,

Martin @rapidlasso