[Liblas-devel] problem accessing point_source_id using Python API

Stanley Wong s.wong at kucerainternational.com
Tue Jun 5 09:36:43 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to read point_source_id of lidar points using Python API like below:

inLas = liblas.file.File(r'<path>\test.las',None, 'r')
pt = inLas[0]
print pt.point_source_id

I keep getting value 0 on the point_source_id values in all the files I tested. No problem on getting all other properties of Point, just not point_source_id. I confirmed that the point source values are assigned in those LAS files using other software (LP360 and TerraSolid).

I have 2 liblas python installation on Windows 7, 1.7.0-2 from OSGeo4W, and 1.6.0 from pypi.python.org. Both gave me the same results.

Can someone please let me know if this is a liblas setup problem, a bug on Python API, or simply wrong code on my part?

Thanks,

Stanley