[Liblas-devel] libLAS status, maintenance and clean-up

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Thu Aug 27 12:38:16 PDT 2015

I did push a new release of mostly bug fixes last year. It has not been actively maintained in quite a while, however. See https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pdal/2015-August/000665.html for a description of why you should use PDAL if you can :)

> Which repo/branch is the 'active' one?

master

Use laspy http://laspy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ it is feature complete, doesn't require linkage to the libLAS C API, works on most Python runtimes, and has LAS 1.4 support.

> What is status of C# bindings?

defunct

> Where is the last known as working source of those bindings hosted?

unknown

> What is purpose of the libLAS-CLR?

I think it was an attempt at .NET bindings for libLAS