[Liblas-devel] libLAS 1.8.1 RC1 Released

Oscar Martinez Rubi o.rubi at esciencecenter.nl
Mon Aug 22 12:21:30 PDT 2016

Well, if making them generally available does not mean extra problems, I would do it, though I do not know how to do it😉. What do we need to do to make them general?

They are more specialized than las2las and las2txt indeed but my guess is that “general public” will also find them useful. Maybe similar level of specialization as las2ogr?

Las2pg will be used by people that want to use pgpointcloud but want to create custom in-database blocks (different blocking than PDAL) so my guess (and hope) is that it will be used by some folks that want something faster than las2txt and ‘copy from text’ when importing data into postgresql

Las2col is for anyone wanting to try a column store (MonetDB) to handle point clouds and it is quite fast since it has automatic parallelization of queries…

Regards,

O.
| Oscar Martinez Rubi | eScience Engineer | o.rubi at esciencecenter.nl |
| Netherlands eScience Center | http://www.esciencecenter.nl | T +31 (0) 6-10363806 |