[Live-demo] Re: [osgeo4w-dev] LiveDVD, Portable GIS, osgeo4w

Stefan Hansen stefan.hansen at lisasoft.com
Thu Oct 30 18:59:24 EDT 2008

The current LiveDVD has already some windows installer on it. When
inserted while windows is running autostart should open a browser with a
welcome page. This page contains links to the windows installers on the
DVD. The installers are in the "win"-folder of the DVD.

Let me know if that causes any problems.

cheers,
stefan

Alex Mandel wrote:
> Yes, it should be possible to put the files on the DVD.
> We should look at the Helix live disc and how they do a split autorun
> windows menu and a linux live on the same disc.
> For the Osgeo4w or other windows installers we should probably put them
> on a menu that autoloads when put into a running windows box.
>
> http://www.e-fense.com/helix/
>
> Alex
>
> Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that osgeo4w needs to be
>> connected to the internet to install. Right?
>> For a DVD handed out at conferences, it would be desirable if the
>> software was on the DVD, and installable without connecting to the
>> internet.
>> Would this be difficult to set up?
>>
>> Matt Wilkie wrote:
>>> whups, ignore what I said. The as-shipped osgeo4w.bat is already
>>> portable!
>>>

>>> matt wilkie
>>> Geographic Information,
>>> Information Management and Technology,
>>> Yukon Department of Environment
>>> 10 Burns Road * Whitehorse, Yukon * Y1A 4Y9
>>> 867-667-8133 Tel * 867-393-7003 Fax