[Live-demo] Next Version - Spring 2010

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Dec 7 01:39:56 EST 2009

I know there are lots of issues to work on so I wanted to get the
discussion started on the next version of the Live Demo. I'll toss out
that I'd like to see the next one roll out by the end of March 2010,
version 2.5? (Maybe we should change the numbering system?)

I'm specifically targeting the spring conference season in which I know
of several events that OSGeo intends to have booths at and would be
great to get discs to.

The basics of this run,
upgrade base image to Karmic Koala(9.10)
make sure all the OSGeo projects get onto it.

The version after that would be for the next FOSS4G, in the fall,
probably based on Ubuntu 10.4

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Alex